Email MeCale Rogers
As a partner with Coleman, Chambers, Rogers & Williams, LLP, Mr. Rogers assists clients in a variety of areas, including general business and civil litigation, serious personal injury matters, and bankruptcy matters. Mr. Rogers also regularly represents clients in Probate court, handles Real Estate Litigation and supervises our Real Estate Closing department.
Mr. Rogers has earned a number of noteworthy distinctions. In 2013, he achieved an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards issued by one of the oldest directories for attorneys. He was selected by the American Lawyer as a Top Rated Lawyer in its December, 2013 issue. Mr. Rogers has also been named as one of Georgia's Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine, and is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Recently, Mr. Rogers participated in a jury trial that resulted in a seven-figure verdict in favor of aggrieved property owners against a neighboring landowner for nuisance and trespass, and orchestrated the appeal that resulted in the verdict being upheld by the Georgia appellate courts. (click here for appellate opinion).
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, you want someone like Cale Rogers on your side. Many personal injury cases are not terribly complicated. The more complex ones require an attorney who is familiar with the intricacies of Georgia law and who can keep the pressure on the insurance companies. Mr. Rogers has participated in prosecuting and resolving several wrongful death claims and can help you and your family navigate the legal minefield of a complex personal injury claim when an accident leaves you emotionally devastated.
Bankruptcy is a difficult decision that many see as a last resort that should be made only after adequate consideration. Mr. Rogers regularly represents debtors and creditors in bankruptcy court and is familiar with bankruptcy procedure. Mr. Rogers can discuss your personal financial situation and determine if you are a candidate for a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 filing.
As the supervising real estate attorney for our firm, Mr. Rogers ensures that our clients' needs are met when either purchasing or selling residential or commercial property. With more than 10 years experience as a closing attorney, you can be assured that your closing will be handled professionally and efficiently. Mr. Rogers also bring his real estate experience to the courtroom, and has litigated real estate related disputes, including boundary line disputes, easement disputes, and quiet title actions.
Mr. Rogers frequently practices in local probate courts. Whether you are filing a simple will for probate or you are involved in a contested estate or want to challenge or caveat a will that has been filed, Mr. Rogers can represent you in your probate matter in any county in North Georgia. Mr. Rogers is well versed in Year's Support statute and its implementation in avoiding certain claims of creditors, and prepares wills, trusts and other asset protection and estate planning documents for our clients.
Mr. Rogers is also the go-to corporate attorney for a significant portion the firm's Business, Corporate and Contract work. Helping our clients prepare, interpret, negotiate and enforce contracts, Mr. Rogers is proficient in real estate, business, and all varieties of contracts. Mr. Rogers also handles a large portion of the firm's appellate work, filing briefs with the Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court for the firm.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy, Probate Estates, & Civil Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation-Ownership, Trespass, Adverse Possession, Hall Co. and GA
- Business Law-Litigation, Disputes, Partners, Shareholders, Ownership-Georgia
- Contract Law-Drafting, Enforcement, Litigation, Hall, White, Lumpkin, and GA
- Construction Law-Builders, Homeowners, Contracts, Disputes, Litigation-Georgia
- Corporate Formation/ Incorporation-Corporation, Inc., LLC, LLP, Partnership-GA
- Boundary Line Disputes-Real Owners, Neighbors, Family-Georgia
- Corporate Governance-Corporate Books, Meetings, Renewals, Registered Agent, GA
- Zoning-County and City Hearings, Review, Litigation, Land Use, Advice-Georgia
- Serious Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Cases
- Real Estate Closings
- Appellate Practice
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Georgia, 2001
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2012
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2002
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: Class Standing: Top 20%
- Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, North Carolina
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: English
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Understanding the Means Test in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy , Coleman & Chambers, LLP, 2011
- Wills, Trusts & Probate Estates , Coleman & Chambers, LLP, 2008
- Incorporating your Business , Coleman & Chambers, LLP, 2008
- Understanding Pitfalls in Pre-Nuptial Agreements in Georgia , Coleman & Chambers, LLP, 2011
- Will I lose my house and car in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Coleman & Chambers, LLP, 2011
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, 2013
- Top Rated Lawyer by the American Lawyer in 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Gainesville Jaycees, Member, 2001 - Present
- Georgia State Bar ,Young Lawyers Division, Member at Large, 2003 - 2006
- Georgia State Bar
- Gainesville Bar Association (Northeastern Judicial Circuit)
Past Employment Positions
- The Honorable Rowland W. Barnes, Superior Court of Fulton County, Intern, 2001
“We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.”