Email MeJohn R. Coleman Jr.
Attorney Bob Coleman is a founding partner of the law firm of Coleman, Chambers, Rogers & Williams, LLP and is a well-respected lawyer in Gainesville, Hall County and through out the State of Georgia. Due to Mr. Coleman's wide range of experience, he is frequently asked to speak at seminars throughout Georgia.
As the lead Family Law/ Divorce attorney in our Gainesville, Georgia office, Bob Coleman is not just another divorce lawyer, but is an attorney that can assist our clients with cases that involve: Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Deprivation and Termination Actions, Modification of Divorce and Custody Agreements, Alimony, Contempt Actions (defending and prosecuting), Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements,Temporary Protective Orders, Third Party Custody/ Visitation, Paternity, Legitimation, Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), Grandparent Visitation, Domestic Violence issues, Adoption and other areas related to this complex field of law.
Bob's business experience assists him in complex divorce actions involving large assets or multiple business entities. He frequently enlists the services of forensic accountants, CPA's or business evaluators. If your cases involves adultery, cheating, websites, social networking, pornography, addiction (drug, alcohol), and requires the services of computer/ forensic analysts, private investigators, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc., then we can help assemble or work with appropriate professionals. Likewise, Bob also utilizes the skills of members of his firm to assist in Real Estate, Business, Criminal, and Estate Planning matters.
Bob is also the supervising attorney for our Personal Injury Department and helps our clients that have been injured as a result of someone else's negligence or intentional act.
During the course of his legal career, Bob has been the attorney for clients in cases involving: car accidents, tractor-trailer collisions, product liability, slip and fall, work related injuries, nursing home abuse and more. He started his career defending claims on behalf of Insurance Companies. He now focuses his career on representing those who have been injured or have lost love ones as a result of an accident.
Bob also assists many Hall County, Lumpkin County and Northeast Georgia businesses with debt collection, business planning, business litigation, drafting of contracts, contract litigation and the various legal needs of our business clients.
Bob is a registered court mediator and is authorized to mediate all types of disputes arising from divorce, domestic, car wrecks, business disputes, contracts, debt collection issues, insurance defense issues and numerous other areas of the law. Likewise, Bob is trained in Arbitration and can either help other parties resolve their matter or attend hearings on behalf of his clients.
Throughout Bob's legal career, he has dedicated himself to the betterment of his community and profession. Bob is a former Special Assistant Attorney General (SAAG). Bob served as a SAAG from 1992 until March of 2009. He has tried countless deprivation and termination actions in Juvenile Court. As a result of his efforts, he has been named the Special Appointed Attorney General of the Year.
Bob is also active in the community through the Chamber of Commerce, Prevent Child Abuse Gainesville and other civic organizations.
Attorney Bob Coleman has assisted numerous clients or can assist in various counties, for over the last two decades, including: our own Hall County (Gainesville, Flowery Branch, Oakwood, Lula), Lumpkin County (Dahlonega), White County (Cleveland), Dawson County (Dawsonville), Gwinnett County (Lawrenceville, Duluth, Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee), Fulton County (Atlanta, Roswell, Alpharetta) Jackson County (Braselton, Jefferson, Maysville, Hoschton, Commerce), Rabun County (Clayton, Young Harris), Clarke County (Athens, Watkinsville), Barrow County (Winder), Pickens County (Ellijay, Blue Ridge), Cobb County (Marietta), Banks County (Homer), Union County (Blairsville), Towns County (Hiawassee), Habersham County (Cornelia, Clarkesville), and throughout Georgia.
If you are looking for a well respected lawyer for your Family Law, Contract, Business, Personal Injury or Mediation case, please contact attorney Bob Coleman via e-mail or at our office in Gainesville, Hall County, Georgia.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law (Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support) Georgia
- Child Support/ Child Custody-Hall, White, Habersham, Lumpkin Counties and GA
- Divorce-Contested/ Uncontested/ Fault/ No Fault-Hall, Lumpkin, Gwinnett, and GA
- Personal Injury-Serious Injury, Car Wrecks, Trucking, Motorcycle-Georgia
- Business and Corporate Litigation
- Contract Law
- General Civil Practice and Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)-Mediation, Divorce Mediation-Hall, GA
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Arbitration-Arbiter, Arbitrator-Representation
- Premises Liability-Slip and Fall, Trip and Fall-Gainesville, Hall County-GA
- Damages: Fraud, Pain and Suffering, Punitive, Lost Wages-Georgia
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Georgia, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1989
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1991
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1995
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1989
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- B.A. - 1986
- Major: Psychology
- Instructor, Special Assistant Attorney General Seminars, Department of Family and Children Services, 2004
- Speaker, Juvenile Justice Seminar, Hall County, 1997
- Speaker, Child Placement Project Cross Training, Supreme Court of Georgia, Gwinnett County and Rome, Georgia, 2004
- Speaker, Special Assistant Attorney General Seminars, Department of Family and Children Services, 1997 - 2003
- Speaker, 15th Annual Symposium, Georgia Council on Child Abuse in Atlanta, Georgia, 1999
- Speaker, "What Business Entity is Right for Your Business", Hall County Chamber of Commerce, 2003
Honors and Awards
- Eagle Scout
- Recognized as Special Assistant Attorney General of the Year for 2002 by Child Placement Project
- Recognized as Special Assistant Attorney General of the Year for 2005 by the Juvenile Council of the YLD
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 1989 - Present
- Northeastern Judicial District Bar Association, Treasurer, 2008 - 2009
- Northeastern Judicial District Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member, 2004 - Present
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member, 1992 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1999 - Present
- Leadership Hall County Class, Member, 1992
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce, Associate Director, 1990
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce, Chairman, Issues Committee for Gainesville, 1999 - 2000
- Prevent Child Abuse - Gainesville, Member, Board of Directors, 1999 - 2003
- Prevent Child Abuse-Gainesville, President, 2002 - 2003
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce, Executive Board, 2001 - 2003
- Phi Delta Phi, President, Law School Chapter, 1988 - 1989
- Chattahoochee Inn of Court, Member
- Northeastern Judicial District Bar Association, Vice President, June 30, 2009 - June 29, 2010
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- First United Methodist Church, Member