Mr. Cale Rogers is a partner with Coleman, Chambers & Rogers, LLP, Cale assists clients in a variety of areas, including general business and civil litigation, and serious personal injury matters. He is the supervising attorney in our commercial and residential real estate closing department. He also regularly represent clients in probate court, handles real estate litigation, general business and civil litigation, and serious personal injury matters.
Cale has earned a number of noteworthy distinctions. In 2013, he achieved an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards issued by one of the oldest directories for attorneys. He was selected by the American Lawyer as a Top Rated Lawyer, has also been named as one of Georgia’s Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine, and is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Recently, Cale participated in a jury trial that resulted in a seven-figure verdict in favor of aggrieved property owners against a neighboring landowner for nuisance and trespass, and orchestrated the appeal that resulted in the verdict being upheld by the Georgia appellate courts. (click here for appellate opinion) .
As the supervising real estate attorney for our firm, Cale ensures that our clients' needs are met when either purchasing or selling residential or commercial property. With more than 16 years of experience as a closing attorney , you can be assured that your closing will be handled professionally and efficiently. Cale also brings his real estate experience to the courtroom, and has litigated real estate related disputes, including boundary line disputes, easement disputes, and quiet title actions.
Cale frequently practices in local probate courts. Whether you are filing a simple will for probate or you are involved in a contested estate or want to challenge or caveat a will that has been filed, Cale can represent you in your probate matter in any county in North Georgia. Cale is well versed in Year's Support statute and its implementation in avoiding certain claims of creditors, and prepares wills, trusts and other asset protection and estate planning documents for our clients.
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, you want someone like Cale on your side. Many personal injury cases are not terribly complicated. The more complex ones require an attorney who is familiar with the intricacies of Georgia law and who can keep the pressure on the insurance companies. Cale has participated in prosecuting and resolving several wrongful death claims and can help you and your family navigate the legal minefield of a complex personal injury claim when an accident leaves you emotionally devastated.
Cale is also the go-to corporate attorney for a significant portion the firm's Business, Corporate and Contract work . Helping our clients prepare, interpret, negotiate and enforce contracts, Cale is proficient in real estate, business, and all varieties of contracts. Cale also handles a large portion of the firm's appellate work, filing briefs with the Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court for the firm.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial & Residential Real Estate Closings
- Real Estate Litigation-Ownership, Trespass, Adverse Possession & Boundary line disputes
- Business Law-Litigation, Disputes, Shareholders, Ownership-Georgia
- Contract Law-Drafting, Enforcement, Litigation
- Corporate Formation/ Incorporation-Corporation, Inc., LLC, LLP, Partnership
- Serious Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Cases
- Appellate Practice
- Georgia, 2001
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2012
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2002
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: Class Standing: Top 20%
- Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, North Carolina
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: English
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Wills, Trusts & Probate Estates, Coleman & Chambers, LLP, 2008
- Incorporating your Business, Coleman & Chambers, LLP, 2008
- Understanding Pitfalls in Pre-Nuptial Agreements in Georgia, Coleman & Chambers, LLP, 2011
- Cavender v. Taylor, S09A1012, 2009, Supreme Court of Georgia
- Ingles Mkts., Inc. v. Kempler, 317 Ga. App. 190, 2012
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, 2013
- Top Rated Lawyer by the American Lawyer in 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Gainesville Jaycees, Member, 2001
- Georgia State Bar ,Young Lawyers Division, Member at Large, 2003 to 2006
- Georgia State Bar
- Gainesville Bar Association (Northeastern Judicial Circuit)
Past Employment Positions
- The Honorable Rowland W. Barnes, Superior Court of Fulton County, Intern, 2001