John R. Coleman
John R. Coleman, Jr.
- Founding Partner
John Robert “Bob” Coleman, Jr. is a founding partner of the law firm of Coleman, Chambers & Rogers, LLP. Bob and his family reside in Gainesville and he is well-known and respected in the community and throughout the State of Georgia.
Over the past two decades, Bob has been the attorney for clients in cases involving: car accidents, tractor-trailer collisions, product liability, slip and fall, work related injuries, nursing home abuse, Dram shop cases, family law matters and more. He started his career defending claims on behalf of Insurance Companies. He has tried Personal Injury, Contract, Divorce, and Criminal cases to Jury verdict.
When Bob and his partner, Rob Chambers, founded their firm, currently known as Coleman, Chambers & Rogers, LLP, in 1997, Bob initially started and built the Family Law Department. Since that time, he has represented thousands of clients and assisted with their family law needs such as divorce, custody and adoption, and ultimately earned the honor of being recognized as “Super Lawyer” in 2006. During that time Bob also served as a Special Assistant Attorney General (SAAG) and served as a SAAG from 1992 until March of 2009. He has tried countless deprivation (now dependency), and termination actions in Juvenile Court where he presented cases to protect abused and neglected children. As a result of his efforts, he has been named the Special Assistant Attorney General of the Year in 2002 and 2005.
Throughout Bob’s legal career, he has dedicated himself to the betterment of his community and profession. Unfortunately, Distracted Driving has led to the dramatic increase in single car accidents and many tragic deaths. In 2016, Bob effectuated the firm’s partnership with Enddd.org, an organization to bring awareness to and end distracted driving. Bob took on the role as a speaker and has presented the End Distracted Driving program to over 3000 students in Hall, White, and Lumpkin Counties.
Currently, Bob’s primary focus is our Personal Injury Department. As a lead attorney, Bob and his team help clients that have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence or intentional act. Bob is diligent in his representation of bringing justice to those who have been injured or have lost loved as a result of an accident. The firm pursues compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills and, if allowed, pursuit of damages designed to deter or punish the other person or entity for their actions.
Bob is a registered court mediator and is authorized to mediate all types of disputes arising from domestic, car wrecks, business, contracts, debt collection issues, insurance defense issues and numerous other areas of the law. Likewise, Bob is trained in Arbitration and can either help other parties resolve their matter or attend hearings on behalf of his clients.
Due to Bob’s wide range of experience and history of working with medical facilities, forensic accountants, CPA’s and business evaluators, Bob has the knowledge and contacts needed to handle complex business matters involving large assets or multiple business entities. Bob’s practical approach and experience assists him in challenging cases involving multiple defendant’s business entities and trucking companies. He will enlist the services of engineers, forensic accountants, toxicologist, accident reconstructionist, neurologists, economist, therapists, private investigators, etc. as needed and will take the necessary steps to push your case forward and to maximize the results.
Bob Coleman, along with the attorneys and staff of Coleman, Chambers & Rogers, LLP have the knowledge and skills for your legal needs in Real Estate, Business, Criminal, Family Law, Personal Injury and Estate Planning matters.
Bob is active in his community through the Chamber of Commerce, Prevent Child Abuse Gainesville and other civic organizations and frequently speaks at seminars, schools and other events throughout Georgia on a variety of topics.
During the course of his legal career, Attorney Bob Coleman has assisted numerous clients in various counties, including: our own Hall County (Gainesville), Flowery Branch, Oakwood, Lula, Lumpkin County (Dahlonega), White County (Cleveland), Dawson County (Dawsonville), Gwinnett County ( Lawrenceville, Duluth, Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee), Fulton County (Atlanta, Roswell, Alpharetta) Jackson County (Braselton, Jefferson, Maysville, Hoschton, Commerce), Rabun County (Clayton, Young Harris), Clarke County (Athens, Watkinsville), Barrow County (Winder), Pickens County (Ellijay, Blue Ridge), Cobb County (Marietta), Banks County (Homer), Union County (Blairsville), Towns County (Hiawassee), Habersham County (Cornelia, Clarkesville), and throughout Georgia.
If you are looking for a well-respected lawyer for your Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, or Mediation case, please contact attorney Bob Coleman via e-mail or at our office in Gainesville, Hall County, Georgia.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death, Motorcycle Accidents, Car Accidents, and Premises Liability
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)-Mediation, Divorce Mediation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Arbitration-Arbiter, Arbitrator-Representation
- Damages: Fraud, Pain and Suffering, Punitive, Lost Wages
- Premises Liability-Slip and Fall, trip and Fall
- Georgia, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1989
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1991
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1995
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1989
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- B.A. - 1986
- Major: Psychology
Classes / Seminars
- Speaker, Juvenile Justice Seminar, Hall County, 1997
- Instructor, Special Assistant Attorney General Seminars, Department of Family and Children Services, 2004
- Speaker, Child Placement Project Cross Training, Supreme Court of Georgia, Gwinnett County and Rome, Georgia, 2004
- Speaker, Special Assistant Attorney General Seminars, Department of Family and Children Services, 1997 to 2003
- Speaker, 15th Annual Symposium, Georgia Council on Child Abuse in Atlanta, Georgia, 1999
- Speaker, "What Business Entity is Right for Your Business", Hall County Chamber of Commerce, 2003
- Speaker, Family Law Institute, 2012
- Speaker, Family Law Institute, 2016
- Speaker, End Distracted Driving Campaign, White County High school, Lumpkin County High School, and Lakeview Academy, Georgia, 2016
Honors and Awards
- Eagle Scout
- Recognized as Special Assistant Attorney General of the Year for 2002 by Child Placement Project
- Recognized as Special Assistant Attorney General of the Year for 2005 by the Juvenile Council of the YLD
- Super Lawyer 2006
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite 2013
- Million and Multi-Million Dollar Legal Advocate
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 1989 to Present
- Northeastern Judicial District Bar Association, Member, 2008 to 2009
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member, 2004
- American Bar Association, Member, 1999
- Leadership Hall County Class, Member, 1992 to 1992
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce, Associate Director, 1990
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce, Chairman, Issues Committee for Gainesville, 1999 to 2000
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce, Executive Board, 2001 to 2003
- Prevent Child Abuse - Gainesville, Member, Board of Directors, 1999 to 2003
- Prevent Child Abuse-Gainesville, President, 2002 to 2003
- Phi Delta Phi, President, Law School Chapter, 1988 to 1989
- Chattahoochee Inn of Court, Member
- Northeastern Judicial District Bar Association, Vice President, 06/2009 to 06/2010
- Northeastern Judicial District Bar Association, Member President, 06/2010 to 06/2011
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2009
- First United Methodist Church, Member
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, Member, 2005 to Present