At a moment’s notice, your life can change in any scenario. From a visit to a friend’s home, a relaxing sidewalk stroll and walking to your car in a parking ramp to shopping inside a retail store and a trek to a restroom while inside your favorite restaurant.
Snap! Your friend’s dog bites you. Snap! You trip and fall on an uneven sidewalk. Snap! An assailant attacks you inside the parking ramp. Snap! You slip and fall on a wet floor at the retailer or restaurant. Injuries are likely, and some may be severe enough that you require extensive medical care. A personal injury can occur anywhere, especially in these matters where premises liability comes to the forefront.
Property owners cannot ignore safety
Every owner must properly maintain the conditions of their properties. This remains the foundation of premises liability cases. Safety, though, often gets overlooked by neglectful and even cost-cutting property owners. Building owners must provide adequate security measures inside their structures as well as effective warning signs.
Here are some situations in which you may face injury:
- Slippery, wet and unsafe conditions on parking lots and sidewalks as well as the floors of restaurants and stores.
- Damaged or missing handrails and stairs inside any building.
- Shoddily maintained apartment buildings and their recreational areas.
- Poorly lit and poorly secured areas at retailers, parking ramps and apartment buildings. Such situations may be due to lack of security or poorly trained security employees.
- A dog bite from someone’s pet.
An injury caused by someone else’s negligence is not your fault. You did not expect an injury during a day-to-day activity. However, now your life is thrust into turmoil. Take legal action now.